-- from the Fair Action Alert by the Federation for American Immigration Reform
Yesterday afternoon Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) Chairwoman, Rep. NydiaVelazquez (D-NY), announced that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tentatively set a vote on the DREAM Act as soon as November 29th! (Capital Wire PR, Nov. 16, 2010)
During her announcement at the Latino Leaders Network luncheon, Rep. Velazquez called for all Americans to contact their Congressmen to urge passage of the DREAM Act. (Id.) According to the latest reports from Capitol Hill, Democratic House leaders may even be so desperate as to amend the DREAM Act to the Help Haiti Act of 2010 (HR 5283)—a bill that grants green cards to about 1,400 Haitian orphans while they are in the process of being adopted by Americans. (CQ Today, Nov. 17, 2010)
FAIR estimates that 2-3 MILLION illegal aliens will be eligible for amnesty under the DREAM Act. The DREAM Act:
- Grants illegal aliens “conditional” permanent resident status upon the receipt of a high school diploma, or simply enrollment in a college program or the military;
- Grants these aliens normal LPR status (green cards) upon finishing two years of college or service in the military—requirements the Obama Administration can WAIVE.
- Authorizes states to give illegal aliens in-state tuition so that your tax dollars will openly be subsidizing illegal immigration; and
- Makes newly amnestied aliens eligible for numerous taxpayer-funded student loan programs.
Although touted by its sponsors as a way to give illegal alien children a pathway to citizenship, in reality, the House version of the DREAM Act has NO AGE LIMIT (H.R. 1571). Moreover, once illegal aliens receive amnesty they will be able (at the age of 21) to petition the federal government to bring in their parents, siblings, and other family members.
Call your Representatives NOW and tell them that you want our immigration laws enforced, not another amnesty that encourages more illegal immigration. Tell them:
- The DREAM Act rewards those who broke U.S. immigration laws and only encourages more illegal immigration;
- The DREAM Act unfairly allows illegal alien students to tap federal and state benefits, when those benefits are desperately needed by Americans who are struggling every day to make ends meet.
Contact your representative Dr Steve Kagen now so he knows we are watching this lame duck session! Email form for Kagen.
Who Are My Legislators? - http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx
Dream Act Resurfaces in Congress - FAIR (Federal American Immigration Reform)
Once Page Dream Act Analysis - by FAIR
Republican Women of the North, Northern WI, firstname.lastname@example.org